Boston Celtics and adidas Unveil ‘Parquet Pride’ Collection
The Boston Celtics and adidas announced the unveiling of the “Parquet Pride” home alternate uniform and merchandise collection, which celebrates great moments in Celtics history from the famed Parquet Floor. The year-long program will be the centerpiece to the partnership between adidas and the Celtics which is entering its eighth season.
The campaign tipped off with an exclusive event held at the Ritz-Carlton in Boston last night. On hand to unveil the Parquet Pride jersey and game shorts were Boston Celtics guards and adidas athletes Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart, Celtics Managing Partner, Governor and CEO Wyc Grousbeck, Celtics Team President Rich Gotham, adidas General Manager of Global Basketball, Chris Grancio, and other members of the Celtics and adidas families.
The Parquet Pride jersey features a green and white Celtics wordmark on a grey background with parquet-inspired piping down the sides. The shorts also feature the parquet piping along with the Celtics new Lucky alternate logo on the waistband. Consistent with the other home and road jerseys, a gold patch showcasing the Larry O’Brien championship trophy, as well as “17x” which represents the franchise’s league-record 17 titles, is featured on the back collar.
“We are proud to partner with adidas on unveiling the Parquet Pride collection which honors significant moments in Celtics history and the iconic Parquet Floor,” said Celtics Team President Rich Gotham. “Incorporating our franchise’s storied tradition into our alternate home uniform provides a contemporary new look our players and fans will enjoy, while embracing the history that makes the Celtics brand unique.”
In addition to the new Pride jersey and shorts, adidas will be releasing a Parquet Pride merchandise collection which will include t-shirts, hats, and other team gear honoring the Parquet Floor and commemorating the six historic moments. The team will debut the new Pride uniform on November 28 against the Chicago Bulls and don the uniform an additional five times throughout the 2014-15 season:
November 28, 2014
- 25th Anniversary of Larry Bird scoring his 20,000 point on November 30, 1990 against the Washington Bullets
December 7, 2014
- 25th Anniversary of Johnny Most announcing his retirement on December 2, 1990
January 2, 2015
- 30th Anniversary of the number “2” retired in honor of Red Auerbach on January 4, 1985
February 6, 2015
- 55th Anniversary of Bill Russell pulling down his career best 51 rebounds against the Syracuse Nationals on February 5, 1960
- 55th Anniversary of Bob Cousy tallying his career best 46 points against the New York Knicks on February 7, 1960
March 4, 2015
- 30th Anniversary of Kevin McHale scoring 56 points vs. the Detroit Pistons on March 3, 1985
April 12, 2015
- 50th Anniversary of John Havlicek “stole the ball!” vs. the Philadelphia 76ers on April 15, 1965
The Parquet Pride collection will be available for purchase starting November 24 on Celtics.com/Shop, the TD Garden Pro Shop and Fan Zones, and other area retailers. Fans will also have the chance to win a piece of the Parquet and other great prizes through several in-season consumer promotions presented by adidas. Additionally, the team will release a Parquet Pride ticket package featuring the six games listed above and will include a gift with purchase from the collection. For more information on the Parquet Pride collection and ticket package visit Celtics.com or call 1-866-4CELTIX.